Thanks for sending the dances. We absolutely loved your workshop! And I’m bringing your dances back to my groups in the USA,
Some questions on names.
1. What do the complete names mean? How would you translate them into English?
2. We learned the second dance name as Alunelul lui Viorel. Should I use that name? Or Alunulel de la Daneti 3 Ori” ? What does it mean?
3. I wrote down Tocul from Dolj to use as the name of the dance. Is this okay? What does “pentru repetitie de 3 ori” mean?
Multsumesc for a great workshop!
Answers from: From Vladut Simulescu director of dance group Valea Prahovei Asociatia
1. Boiereasca: You can translate in English like manorial
2. Alunelui lui Viorel de la Daneti – Viorel: Alunelu form Daneti Village (de 3 ori means that it is repeat the same phrase three times.)
3. Tocul – The heel from Goicea Village Dolj county :(pentru repetitie means for repetiton three times the same musical phrase, you can also dance more ore less, like 5 times) but it like a first name and it does not have translation in English it is recommended to use the original name.
Have a nice day!